Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving #1

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I know I live in the US now, but who doesn't love an excuse to eat another turkey dinner, haha. Well, we didn't do the whole thing, just a baked turkey loin. OMG, I made the best sweet potatoes EVER! I baked one for about 2 hours, took the skin off and mushed it in a bowl with about a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of vanilla extract, a few tablespoons of Splenda brown sugar and a handful of walnuts... mmm... so tasty! So I had that and a serving of turkey. We were going to have corn, but we forgot to buy it at the store. We went out for breakfast like we tend to do on Sundays, I wanted to make sure it was somewhere that had healthy stuff, but Daniel wanted to go to the new Big Boy that opened by school (NKU). They have a breakfast bar, and a salad/soup bar so I said sure. There had to be something healthy there. It was packed of course because we were there at noon, on a Sunday, at a new restaurant, in Kentucky... so of course it was packed. The wait was quick though. We got sat and pretty much were forgotten about, haha. I guess they are still trying to work out the kinks in the place. The breakfast bar didn't have the lunch stuff out, so no soup/salad, just breakfast stuff. I saw it had fruit and scrambled eggs, but it was $7.90. I was only going to eat one plate, so I didn't think it was worth it. I ordered oatmeal and an English muffin with jam, no butter. Daniel's food came out a bit later, delivered by someone who didn't take our order. He had gone through a whole biscuit and gravy and half his hashbrowns before my oatmeal showed up, without an English muffin. I flagged down our original server and said I was missing it, and she brought it to me. It was DRENCHED in butter!!! I think they had taken a whole ice  scoop full of butter and thrown it in between the two pieces. I had checked before she left and said it was supposed to be dry, so she took it back and got me another one, slightly less toasted, but better. They had sugar free strawberry jam, woo hoo, so I had that. The oatmeal was horrible, I only at about half of it. I think it took so long because no one goes to Big Boy for oatmeal! They are the home of the Big Boy burger with tartar sauce. There was seriously nothing healthy on the menu. I almost ordered an omlette, but then thought that it might be poached in butter. Diners like to do that, throw a ladle of butter into the pan before cooking eggs.

We went grocery shopping after. I used to hate going on Sundays because it's so busy, but I think the new grocery store we go to isn't as bad as it was when it first opened... that or my anxiety medicine is working better for me and the crowds don't bother me like they used to, haha! We are spending a lot less at the grocery store now that we aren't buying the snacks and junk we used to! A week's worth of food used to cost between $140 and $180, now we only go a little over $100! We bough electronic Monopoly while we were there today because I wanted that game the other day and was shocked to see we didn't have it. The electronic banking is so nice!

I meant to do a bunch of studying this weekend, but oops, didn't do it. I'm a person who can't study over a long period of time, I usually wait until closer to the due date or test so it's fresh in my mind. I'm still waiting to hear from NKU about the nursing program. If I spent all this time on pre-req classes and don't get into that damn program I'm going to flip out. I'm so scared I won't get in. I should know by next week, and trust me, when I find out, everyone will know!

So I'm doing really well on the diet. It's been a week now and I don't see an end in sight. I'm not craving anything really, I just get really hungry at night. That's when I drink a lot of water or tea or something. I haven't been buying pop at the grocery store. I'm trying to stick to just water. I had a diet coke the other day and it tasted so sweet! The one think I haven't done yet is exercise. Ugh, I hate it. I think my former trainer and my gym made me hate going. I was pretty much suckered in to buying a trainer and signing a contract, and regretted it the moment I did it. Way too expensive and it didn't work. My trainer was great, but he pushed me waaaaay too hard. So now I don't even want to go. I'm hoping that just by cutting back my calories and eating better food I'll be able to lose some weight and when I get down maybe 20 or so pounds it'll be easier for me to go exercise. My gym is nice, it has a women's only area which I love to use and TV's on every piece of equipment. There's also a movie room with a huge screen in a dark room that plays new to DVD movies. I don't know why I don't go, it's not like it's even far away!

I guess I should stop here. There are always things that happen to me and I think, Oh, I need to remember to mention this in the blog, but I always forget by the time I get here. Off to make some tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment